Meet the expert
About the course
There’s something very nurturing about taking good care of your body. Don’t you feel great after an evening of pure indulgence in cleansing and beautifying? You’ll also be a better company and sleep more soundly.
There’s a lot to know about good body care – how to treat it, what to use, what to eat and what to avoid. You’ll find excellent tips on the best route to a body you love and the answers to your questions, including:
Should I ever expose my skin to the sun?
Can I help oily skin with my diet?
What special care should I take of my skin type?
How often should I exfoliate my face?
What’s the best method for hair removal?
What should I eat to improve my hair and nails?
We’ll also show you how to do a great mani-pedi, how to make your own natural products and much more. Unwrap this course now and give yourself the love you deserve.
What you will learn
Get informed on:
- Skin’s layers and functions
- How to deal with different qualities and imbalances
- What skin loves and hates – inside and outside
- Regimes that get your glow back
- Specific food, nutrients & supplements for youthful, supple skin
- How to help slow down skin ageing
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Let’s Get Under Your Skin
- Structure of skin
- Skin types
- 5 Skin care myths
Module 2: You Can Eat Yourself Beautiful!
- Skin and the nutrients it needs
- How to eat yourself beautiful?
- How to correct problem skin with diet and supplementation – what to include & avoid.
Module 3: Practical Skincare Regimes For Different Skin Types
- Dry skin
- Oily Skin
- Skin with acne
- Young skin
- Middle aged skin
- Mature skin
Module 4: Tips For Types – Skincare For Different Ethnicities
- Black / African Americans
- Hispanic / Latinos
- Pacific Islanders / Native Americans
Module 5: Hot And Not Bothered, Cool And Protected – Seasonal Skin Care
- Change your skincare routine as seasons change.
Module 6: On The Bright Side – Is The Sun Really That Bad?
- Specific supplements for great looking skin
- Sunscreens – a critical view
- Natural treatments for accidental sunburn
- Fake Tanning
Module 7: Can I Push Back Time? A Realistic Approach To Reducing Ageing Effects
- Anti-ageing skin care for different ethnic skin types
- The ingredients to look for in anti-ageing products
- How skin changes with each big birthday?
- What about Botox and Lifting?
Module 8: Treat Yourself – The Best Skin And Body Treatments
- What you must avoid if you want healthy, beautiful skin?
- Exfoliation and moisturising all over
- Skin care treatments you can do at home (incl. facials)
- Make your own natural skincare products
- Natural treatments for dry, scaly or itchy skin
- Treatments worth paying for
Module 9: Have It Off! Hair Removal Examined
Module 10: Reach Out And Touch – Hand And Foot Care
- A really good home manicure
- A really good home pedicure
- Specific food and nutrients for strong, shiny, healthy nails
- Foot skin care and treating problems including nail fungus
Module 11: Sleek, Sexy, Fabulous Hair
- Hair types and their qualities
- 10 tips for healthy, shiny hair
- Best treatments for different hair types
- Specific food and nutrients for lustrous, healthy hair and scalp
- What to stop doing now to keep your hair in good shape?
Module 12: Man! You Look Good: Skincare For You Or The Guy In Your Life
- Skincare routine
- Surviving daily shaving heroically
- Taking care of your beard or moustache
- Hands and Feet
- Tame your mane
Who is this course for
Anyone with an interest in health and beauty, natural products, and how to achieve the best looking skin without harsh, expensive chemicals.
Those in the health industry would benefit from this course, as will makeup artists, nutritionists, natural medicine gurus, hemeopaths, and those who make natural beauty products.
After you compete this course, you could:
- Start a blog, YouTube channel, or Instagram, sharing your knowledge, tips, and tricks
- Improve your skills as a makeup artist, stylist, or nail technician
- Create and sell natural remedies for various skin and hair complaints
- Improve your own skin and hair, and that of your friends
- Advise clients on the proper care and nutrition to achieve a healthy, happy glow
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation