Meet the expert
About the course
From start-ups to billion dollar companies, everyone needs PR. In the age of persistent digital media, it is more important than ever to be able to manage a brand presence and speak directly to the right audience.
All of the wisdom and knowledge compiled in this course comes from industry professionals who have been there, done that and told the story. When you take this course, you are not just given advice and knowledge but insider tips that you can only get from years of experience. This course offers invaluable skills and strategies that will give you an advantage in the fast-paced world of media and public relations.
In this course, we teach you about PR as it used to be and PR as it is today. We offer the insight that you need to take away the best of both worlds and excel in a world of likes and viral news..
Become the face of the future of public relations. Get started on the Public relations course today.
What you will learn
The IOA gives you the theoretical and practical tools that you need to hit the ground running in PR.The modules include essential parts of PR training and offer exercises to do to make sure you’ve mastered the craft.
You will learn:
- The best ways to make friends and contacts
- How to connect with journalists
- Why you need a PR strategy
- The best ways to create a solid strategy
- All the tools you need to reach the media
- How to build a media calendar
- How to build a press kit that creates excitement
- How to tell the story of your client’s brand
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Pr 101: Public Relations And Human Relations
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Making Friends vs. Making Contacts
- Connecting with Journalists
Module 2: Creating A Pr Strategy
- What a PR Strategy Is& Why You Need One
- Setting Goals
- Speaking to Your Audience
- Finding and Using the Right Channels
- Measuring Your Results
Module 3: Pr Tools
- Tools to Reach the Media
- Tools to Measure Success
- Building a Media Calendar
Module 4: Building Your Press Kit
- What You Need in Your Press Kit
- How to Create a Media Release
- How to Choose Press Photos
- Compiling an FAQ Sheet
- A Guide to Including Videos
Module 5: Creating Your Brand’s Story
- Product, Purpose and Passion
- How to Think Like a Journalist
- How to Create Stories the Media Will Love
Who is this course for
If you are organized, thoughtful and creative, a career in PR could be the perfect fit for your talents and lifestyle.You could:
- Build relationships with today’s biggest influencers
- Grow a real following in the press and online
- Help great new start-ups find the limelight they deserve
- Help established companies change their image for the better
- Help launched amazing new products
Upon completion of this course, you could:
- Work in PR, either for an established company or a start-up
- Be one step closer to starting your own company in the exciting field of PR
- Improve your public relations and communications skills for your existing business
- Use your improved skills to gain promotions at your current job
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation