Meet the expert
About the course
Would you love to know how to make dramatic cats’ eyes or smoky eyes but fear you’ll end up looking like a panda?
Do you try new makeup techniques but end up wiping it all off - it just doesn’t look right? So you go back to wearing the same makeup as usual.
Watch the video tutorials in this course to find the look you love. See how to highlight your favorite features and get the pefect makeup look for every occasion.
Be able to:
- Create many different day makeup looks and evening makeup looks
- Look after your skin according to skin type and age
- Get the perfect eyebrow shape
- Create a flawless nude makeup look
- Know what to put into your personal makeup kit
You can watch and pause the video makeup tutorials while you re-create each look. Get this course to find everyday makeup looks that will turn heads.
What you will learn
See how to apply perfect makeup every time. You will:
- Find out what your skin type is and the best way to look after it
- Get your perfect eyebrow shape
- Perfect the 'no makeup' look
- Know what types of foundation to use for your skin type
- Use the makeup colors that suit you
- Watch and copy video tutorials on eye makeup and lipsticks
- Watch video tutorials on everyday makeup looks
- See how to do evening makeup for glam nights out and parties
- Follow a video tutorial to create the classic smoky eyes
- Know exactly what to put in your makeup bag
- Care for and look after your makeup tools
- Use tips to stay on top of beauty trends
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Natural Beauty And Healthy Glow
- Cleansing, Exfoliating, and Toning the Skin
- Identifying Your Skin Type
- DIY Skincare Treatments
- Ageless Skin (mature 50+)
- Ageless Skin (middle-aged 35-50)
- Ageless Skin (adulthood 25-35)
- Getting the Perfect Eyebrow Shape – video tutorial
- Eyebrow Hair Removal
- Defining the Brows with Makeup
Module 2: The “no Makeup” Look
- Learn Your Makeup Terms
- Priming the Skin
- Foundation Types and Textures
- Choosing Foundation to Suit Skin Tone – video tutorial
- Correctors and Concealers – video tutorial
- Setting with Bronzer
- Nude Makeup
Module 3: Soft Makeup For Daytime And Work
- Finding YOUR Best Color Palette
- Applying Eye Makeup for Every Eye Shape
- Eye Makeup Application – video tutorial
- Eyeliner and Mascara
- How to Apply Eyeliner – video tutorial
- Choosing Lipstick
- Lip Makeup - video tutorial
- Makeup for Daytime
- Daytime Looks – video tutorial
Module 4: Get Glam! Evening Makeup
- Prepping Skin for Long-Lasting Makeup
- Easy Contouring Technique – video tutorial
- Highlighters –Cream or Powder? – video tutorial
- Makeup Looks for Evening and Parties – video tutorial
- The Classic Smoky Eye – video tutorial
- Working with False Lashes – video tutorial
Module 5: Create Your Own Makeup Kit
- Your Personal Makeup Kit
- All About Brushes
- Makeup Essentials
- Kit Pricing
- Cleaning and Hygiene
- Staying on Top of Beauty Trends
Who is this course for
- Everyone who wears makeup - every day or occasionally - and wants to apply it like a pro
- Anyone who’s stuck in a makeup rut and wants to change their look
- Anyone seeking new makeup tips on what makeup to use for their skin type and their age
- Beauticians who want to perfect their makeup techniques and offer makeup services for parties, events or weddings
- Lifestyle and fashion bloggers who want to write about makeup techniques they’ve tried and tested
- Be inspired to work in the beauty industry as a makeup artist or stylist
- Do wedding makeup or makeup for special occasions
- Work in a department store or beauty store advising customers on makeup products and makeup techniques
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation