Meet the expert
About the course
- Amines (histamine)
What you will learn
- Food intolerance and allergies - symptoms, signs and causes
- The difference between food allergies and food intolerance
- Most common food intolerances
- Dairy intolerance
- Gluten intolerance
- Caffeine intolerance
- Histamine intolerance
- Fructose intolerance
- Food allergies in babies
- Tests for food allergies
- Food intolerance diet
- Simple elimination diet
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Introduction
- 1.1 What is food intolerance?
- 1.2 The difference between intolerance, allergies, and sensitivities
- 1.3 What causes food intolerance?
- 1.4 How do food allergies develop?
- 1.5 A look at the 8 most common problem foods
Module 2: Diagnosis
- 2.1 How are food intolerances diagnosed?
- 2.2 Questions to ask your doctor
- 2.3 Food allergies in babies
- 2.4 Identifying your allergens
- 2.5 Elimination diets
- 2.6 Blood tests for allergies
- 2.7 Allergies risk factors
Module 3: Treatment
- 3.1 You’ve got your diagnosis – what next?
- 3.2 How to live with food allergies
- 3.3 Emergency treatment for severe allergies
- 3.4 Natural remedies for food allergies
Module 4: Food Allergy Dos And Don’ts
- 4.1 Safety at school
- 4.2 Eating out safely with food allergies
- 4.3 How to allergy-proof your house
- 4.4 Top 5 kitchen do and don’ts
Module 5: Supplementary Information On Food Allergies
- 5.1 How to cook delicious foods without allergens
- 5.2 Other types of environmental allergens
- 5.3 How to replace the allergens in your diet
- 5.4 Pursing a career as a food scientist.
Who is this course for
This course is for anyone who would like to understand food intolerances and allergies. This information with help those with allergies, those who have family members who are allergic, and those who work with people who have intolerances, such as teachers or day care providers.
How will it help me
This course will detail how to understand and live with food intolerances. 10% of the population lives with food intolerances and allergies, and in your life you are going to meet many people affected by them. Understanding food allergies will help you know how to get diagnoses and treatments, and how to make sure that your loved ones with allergies are safe and healthy.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation