Meet the expert
About the course
Gone are the days where only the fashion insiders and those with the most enviable lifestyles form the blogging elite. Blogging is huge. What’s more (and in our opinion, better), the blogging community to so inclusive - there’s room for everyone.
If you’ve always wanted to start a fashion or lifestyle blog, dream of a career in the field or simply want to share your style, thoughts or share your life, starting or developing a blog is much easier than you think. Creating, building and maintaining a successful fashion or lifestyle blog isn’t unattainable, it’s a craft.
What you will learn
With our Fashion & Lifestyle Blogging course, you will quickly learn the tricks and tools of the trade to…
- Get your blog up and running
- Create and develop content
- Connect with peers and brands
- Develop your blog into a brand
- Grow your audience
- Make money from your blog
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Blogging 101
- What is a blog?
- What is Fashion & Lifestyle Blogging?
- From where it started, to what it is today
- Why blogging?
- Is it for me?
- Passion is Important
- A day in the life of…
Module 2: Starting Out & Setting Up
- Types of blogs
- Choosing a platform
- Choosing a name
- Hosting & domains
- The techie bits
- Money, money, money
Module 3: Content Creation
- Where do I start?
- Writing your first post
- Conformity & originality
- Planning & scheduling
- Content calendars
Module 4: Photography & Imagery
- Your imagery
- Shooting snaps
- Sharing & hosting imagery
Module 5: Staying Social
- The importance of being social
- The platforms
- Social & traffic
- How to get more out of social
- Social strategies
- Next steps for social
Module 6: Networking & Events
- Someone like you
- Blogger Meetups
- Brand events
- Connecting in the blogosphere
- Important growth for your blog
- Starting something new
Module 7: Working With Brands
- Why should you work with brands?
- First things first
- Keeping it professional
- Making the right impression
- Networking gold
- Ways of working with brands
- Putting yourself out there
- Getting the most out of brand relationship
Module 8: Monetising Your Blog
- What do you need to monetise your blog?
- Affiliate marketing
- Becoming a full time blogger
- Financial responsibility
Module 9: Building A Brand
- What does your blog stand for?
- Brand yourself
- Becoming business minded
- Time is everything
- That blogging business
Module 10: Growing As A Blogger
- Pay For Traffic
- Manage Your Subscriptions
- What's Next?
Module 11: The Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger Roundup
- The Style
- Fashion Blog Misconceptions
- Do's and Don'ts
- The Inspiration
Who is this course for
Our Fashion & Lifestyle Blogging course will be the perfect match for you if you’re…
- Looking to start a fashion & lifestyle blog and want a professional understanding
- Looking to develop your blogging hobby into something more professional
- Wanting to support your career with a fashion or lifestyle blog
- Wanting to make a career out of blogging
- Interested in finding out what more you can do, as a blogger, to progress in the field
After you complete this course, you can:
- Start your own professional blog
- Quickly build your audience and monetize your blog
- Give advice to others who wish to start blogs, earn money from blogging, or know more about fashion & lifestyle topics
- Improve your brand-building and marketing skills, while learning to develop polished, relevant content
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation