Meet the expert
About the course
Unleash your creative expression! Style elegant events! If you have a natural flair for styling and design, one of the most rewarding ways to give expression to your creativity is by designing and styling events. Think of it – a large blank canvas for you to paint colorful, captivating effects on!
Fundamentals first, cool artistry later!
It can be very tempting to want to jump right in and begin to choose the elements of styling too early. In this IOA course, train in the fundamentals behind event design first so you approach projects professionally and responsibly and you’re fully prepared to plan successful events.
Show case your styling talent
Styling an event has a distinct advantage – you advertise your service with each job you complete. Attract many new clients from your expertly styled projects with the skills and knowledge in this IOA course. Get started on your new exciting career today!
What you will learn
- How to conceptualize an individual event
- The importance of examining floor plans and using design software
- Where to look for inspiration?
- How to translate a client’s vision into practical application
- How to choose the right design and décor techniques
- To make styling easy with style layers
Design detail in action
While creativity is undoubtedly the most visual and fun element to planning events; there’s a science to the planning and detail of each event.
We take you through the typical ins and outs so you can practice before you offer a professional service. We give you the answers to many questions, like:
- What draping fabric should I choose for a wedding?
- What colors create what moods?
- How much detail should I add?
- How light or dark should the room be?
- When should I use ceiling draping?
- What styling approach works best for different types of event?
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Let’s Examine Event Design
- Where Event Design is used
- Conceptualisation & Planning
- The Principles of Event Design
Module 2: It’s Your Event
- Becoming an event designer
- The impact of event design features
- Finding inspiration & being creative
Module 3: Working Well With Clients
- Seeing things from clients perspectives
- Creating vision boards
- Testing your projected plan
Module 4: Overview Of Event Requirements
- Sourcing materials & budgeting
- Working with floor plans
- Using design software
Module 5: The Design Practice In Action
- Assessing your venue for design planning
- Choosing design & decor techniques
- Colour schemes & effects that work
Module 6: Setting The Scene – Background Effects
- Creating magic with fabric
- Types of fabric and specific uses
- Room draping and backdrops
- Ceiling drapery
- Chair and table drapery
- Using hardware frameworks
- Customising fabric effects to specific ceremonies
Module 7: Styling With Winning Design Concepts
- Customising the furniture
- Evoking emotion with flowers
- Creating captivating table pieces
- Accent decor
Module 8: Styling Gets Technical
- Mood creation with lighting
- Good aesthetics
- Staging and rigging
- Special effects & technology
Module 9: Types Of Events
- Charity, cultural and social events
- Corporate events
- Employee events
Who is this course for
This is the ideal course for anyone who has a strong creative side, and loves to create a spectacle! Maybe you've organized events in the past, and they have been successful, but you know you could do better, be more polished, take your style to the next level and deliver the most 'WOW' experience possible to your clients!
If you own your own event planning business, work in the industry, or are thinking about a career in event planning, this course is a must! Full of knowledge you won't find anywhere else, you'll be creating the hottest events around in no time.
After completing this course, you could:
- Start your own event planning business
- Be a team member of an event planning and managing company
- Take your existing event planning job or business to the next level
- Create amazing, stylish events for your friends and family
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation