Meet the expert
About the course
The best way to learn is by doing.
As an artist or illustrator when you get an idea in your head, you want to create it. You don’t want to spend hours figuring out how your design program works. Where to find the tools you need.
Fast-track your knowledge by signing up for this easy-to-follow Adobe Illustrator online course with videos compiled by graphic designer Alice Thorpe. By the end, you will produce stunning artwork for your portfolio.
How to use Adobe Illustrator
Quickly familiarize yourself with the tools and functions. Find out the easy shortcuts. Customize your workspace so it works the way you want.
Is Adobe Illustrator easy to use?
See how simple it is to use Adobe Illustrator by producing these beautiful designs from scratch:
- Your own logo
- Dynamic web banner
- Business cards
- Flyer or poster
Now you’ve mastered Illustrator and have your own artwork to prove it, the video course shows you how to make money using Adobe Illustrator. Start now.
What you will learn
As well as showing you how to use Adobe Illustrator, you will have artwork to show to potential clients or employers.
In this online video course, you will:
- Know how to use Adobe Illustrator - get to know the tools, easy shortcuts, customise your workspace and create a document
- Move on to find out what does Adobe Illustrator do - work with shapes, fonts, colors, light and shade, different effects including 3D
- Have practical experience of using Adobe Illustrator to create a logo in different formats for different applications
- Use Illustrator to build a brand by creating artwork for marketing, websites and social media
- Know how to make money using Illustrator - Know how to find clients, build your business, price your work and meet deadlines
- Get useful tips and tricks that design professionals love
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: An Introduction To Adobe Illustrator
- 1.1. Meet the designer: Alice Thorpe, graphic designer, and YouTuber
- 1.2. What does Adobe Illustrator do? Is it easy to use? (Hint: YES!)
- 1.3. Customizing your workspace: software and hardware
- 1.4. The tools: what they do and easy shortcuts
- 1.5. How to create a new document and make simple shapes
Module 2: Getting Started: A Practical Workshop
- 2.1. Working with shapes: pen tool, shape builder, align, Bézier
- 2.2. Enhance your work: colors, light and shadows, gradients, patterns, brush strokes
- 2.3. Working with fonts: creating your own fonts, font effects
- 2.4. Applying and editing effects: Stylize, Distort, Warp, 3D
- 2.5. Combining different elements: compound path, groups, layers
Module 3: Create Your Own Logo: From Start To Finish
- 3.1. How to put pen to paper: fine tuning your ideas and inspiration
- 3.2. Digitize your designs using image trace or the pen tool
- 3.3. Refine your design: anchor points, handles, copy, cut and paste
- 3.4. Bring your design to life with color: CC color palettes, color wheel
- 3.5. Present your work in different formats for different applications
Module 4: Build A Professional Brand Using Illustrator
- 4.1. Build your brand identity: logo variations, fonts, colors
- 4.2. Design double-sided business cards ready for print
- 4.3. Design a flyer or poster
- 4.4. Create a dynamic web banner with images and graphics: edit, crop, erase
- 4.5. Design an infographic
- 4.6. How to correctly save and export graphics for your website, social media, and print
Module 5: How To Make Money Using Adobe Illustrator
- 5.1. Illustrator projects that you can make and sell
- 5.2. How to put a price on your work and earn money
- 5.3. Finding clients & building your business
- 5.4. How to fine-tune your workflow and meet deadlines
- 5.5. Useful tips and tricks that design professionals love
- 5.6. Final thoughts and goodbye
Who is this course for
- All graphic designers and digital artists need to know the market leader in graphics editor and design programs
- Anyone looking for a refresher course in Adobe Illustrator
- Existing Illustrator users looking for a quick way to learn exactly what the program does, including shortcuts and what the different tools do
- People who use Adobe Photoshop and InDesign who want to see what Illustrator can add to their design and editing skills
- Any small business owner or entrepreneur who needs marketing material or is building their own website
- Social media managers who want to create eye-catching infographics and posters to engage viewers
How will it help me
- Be able to master Adobe Illustrator tools and techniques to take design skills to the next level and produce professional artwork
- Students will know how to start and work their way through the creative process of producing artwork
- Design is an essential part of any workplace - from social media posts to infographics and logos. This course shows you how to get creative with Illustrator
- Knowing the industry standard design and editor program Illustrator is a must for any graphic designer or digital artist
- Anyone who works in marketing will benefit from knowing how to use Illustrator to create artwork such as brochures, media packs, posters and flyers for print, web or social media
- Web designers and bloggers can create their own banners, custom buttons and original artwork
- Social media managers can create infographics, ads and other material for their posts
- Being able to use Illustrator will be a welcome skill in any business - you can be that go-to person when they need worksheets, publicity material, invitations, and anything creative
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exams throughout the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation