Meet the expert
About the course
It is everyone’s dream to take one of his or her beloved hobbies and turn it into a flourishing career. Writing for the screen and stage can be a very lucrative career if you know what you are doing.
Our online Screenwriting & Playwriting course is exactly what you need to finally stop talking about that screenplay or play you are going to write and do it. All it takes is a penchant for storytelling and a leap of faith.
Regardless of your level of experience, our online Screenwriting & Playwriting course is the first step you need. We help new writers who have never explored their creativity and accomplished screen and playwrights alike.
If you want to finally take action and become the screenwriter or playwright that you have always dreamed of becoming, enroll in our online Screenwriting & Playwriting course as soon as you can. The rest of your life starts as soon as you take this step, so don’t waste any time.
What you will learn
Our online course will help you:
- Get inspired
- Understand how to write for the screen and stage
- Create unique and real-life characters
- Develop a strong plot
- Learn to write engaging and realistic dialogue
- Find your voice and style
- Cure writer’s block
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Inspiring Yourself
- Where to get inspired
- How to spark your ideas
- Proper brainstorming techniques
- How to vet your ideas
Module 2: Starting To Write
- Thematic Question
- Creating characters
- Scene construction
Module 3: How To Write A Screenplay
- Understanding three-act structure
- Beat sheet
- Scene and action description
- Approaches to writing a script
Module 4: Writing For The Stage
- Play structures
- Action description
- Direction description elements
- Stage limitations and advantages
Module 5: Creating Characters
- Character goal
- Character tension
- Finding your character’s voice
Module 6: Story Development
- Developing themes
- Realistic and exciting conflicts
- Outlining vs. writing as you go
- Powerful climaxes
- Resolutions or non-resolutions
Module 7: Find Your Voice
- Know your audience
- Know your purpose
- Choosing a point of view
- What is your style?
Module 8: Developing Your Setting
- Using the setting to express depth
- Story, characters, and themes for setting
Module 9: Unique Structures
- Non-linear narratives
- Unreliable narrators
- Distinctive points of view
- Writing for a social or geographical dialect
Module 10: Tricks To Avoid Writer's Block
- Removing yourself
- Change your scenery
Who is this course for
A great screenwriter or playwright is an individual who:
- Knows how to tell a good story
- Gets inspired by the world around him/her
- Has a creative and unique mind
- Has an eye and an ear for human behaviour, and human motivation
- Is in touch with his or her own feelings and emotions
After completing this course, you could:
- Write that screenplay you've been wanting to create for years
- Explore the exciting and challenging industry of TV and film
- Express yourself creatively
- Improve your writing
- Help others to write screenplays
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation