Meet the expert
About the course
Have you always dreamed of a career helping people with their health care needs?
Begin a rewarding career as a physiotherapy assistant where you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of people in need. Upon completing this course in becoming a physiotherapy assistant, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to begin your exciting career in physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy assistants are an important part of the recovery process for many patients. They provide necessary face-to-face contact, support, and help carry out the plans designed by the physiotherapist so that patients can get back up on their feet and succeed. As a physiotherapy assistant, you can immediately make a difference in the life of someone who is struggling with an ailment and needs support.
Whether you are beginning a new career or looking for the change you finally feel like you need, don’t hesitate to enroll in our online Physiotherapy Assistant course. Our online course provides you instant access to the course material and allows you to complete your coursework on your own time, and wherever it is most convenient to you.
What you will learn
In the physiotherapy assistant course, you will learn:
- The role and duties of physiotherapist assistants
- Ethical responsibilities of working with clients and their families
- The types of injuries, diseases, and ailments that require physiotherapy
- The various approaches to physiotherapy treatment
- The fundamentals of biology, anatomy, physiology, and other sciences that relate to the field of physiotherapy
- How to design a plan of action that is best suited to a client's needs
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Introduction To The Physiotherapy Profession
- What is physiotherapy?
- Duties of a physiotherapist
- Specialties within the physiotherapy field
- How to become a physiotherapy assistant
- Working with clients with various heath care needs
- Ethical responsibilities of the profession
Module 2: Reasons For Physiotherapy
- Sports injuries
- Spinal issues
- Respiratory conditions
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Aging treatments
- Pediatric care
- Post-natal care
- Other injury or health concerns
Module 3: Types Of Physiotherapy Interventions
- Cold or cryotherapy
- Heat therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Range of motion exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Soft tissue mobilization
Module 4: The Sciences Behind Physiotherapy
- Anatomy and physiology related to physiotherapy
- Human biology
- Behavioral sciences
- Clinical pathology
Module 5: The Physiotherapy Process
- The evaluation process
- Diagnosis and prognosis of client conditions
- Setting a plan of action for services
- Intervention procedures
- Prevention techniques
Who is this course for
This course in physiotherapy is ideal for individuals who:
- Are compassionate, patient, and kind-hearted in nature
- Enjoy working with others and helping those in need
- Understand the limitations and possibilities of the human body and mind
- Are searching for a way to break into the health care field
- Have an interest in biological and cognitive sciences
After completing this course, you could:
- Take the next step on your journey to becoming a physiotherapy assistant
- Use your skills and knowledge to decide if the health industry is the right one for you
- Be better able to recover personally from injuries
- Explore the many exciting jobs available in the health industry for skilled and compassionate people
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation