Meet the expert
About the course
No matter what the state of the economy may be, there will always be companies looking to fill roles in the fields of human resources and payroll management. That’s because no company can remain afloat without these integral support staff positions.
But entering these in-demand fields requires you to have an understanding of the rules and regulations for record keeping, employee benefits, and remaining in compliance with state and federal guidelines. You’ll need to understand how to work with a diverse leadership team and how to provide guidance and answer questions to an even more diverse company-wide staff.
What you will learn
This course has been specifically designed for those looking to learn the basics of being successful in the human resources and payroll management fields. As a bonus, we also share a few tricks for getting your foot in the door!
We'll cover payroll management, hiring diversity, negotiations, working with a leadership team, payroll, benefits, insurance, payroll systems, and general management techniques.
Everything you need to be a skilled, knowledgeable HR officer is in this course!
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Getting Started
- Human Resources
- Payroll Management
- Necessary Skills
- Educational Requirements and Credentials
- Getting Hired
Module 2: Hr Trends
- Hiring Diversity
- Job Offer Negotiations
- Training and Development
- Generational Differences
- Working With a Leadership Team
Module 3: Payroll And Benefits
- Exemption Status
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Sick Days, Personal Days, and Other Miscellaneous Employee Benefits
- Handling Payroll Questions
Module 4: Records
- Creating and/or Maintaining a Payroll System
- Documenting Personnel Conflicts
- Reporting Earnings, Taxes, and Other Data
- Employee File Must-Haves
Module 5: Management
- Keeping Employees Informed
- Maintaining Compliance
- Understanding and Adhering to Organizational Goals
- Using Technology to Connect
- Remaining Available
Who is this course for
For those who:
- Are interested in a career in Human Resources and Payroll Management
- Current HR and payroll employees who would like to improve their skills
- Small business owners who are looking to make sure that they are providing a good work environment for employees
- Those who would like to explore further the field of HR
After completing this course, you could:
- Get a job in HR
- Act as a HR consultant for smaller businesses in need of professional assistance
- Take what you have learned and apply it to your own small business
- Earn a promotion or raise at your current HR job
- Impress your boss with your dedication to increasing your knowledge and ability
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation