About the course
Would you love to create a new look for your old furniture? Restore tables, chairs, dressers? Make money turning other people’s trash into treasure?
In this furniture restoration course, you’ll join creatives who find joy in turning something plain and unwanted into something uniquely adorable.
Become a makeup artist for discarded furniture. This self-paced video course walks you through everything you need to know to restore furniture.
With this easy-to-follow guide beside you, you’ll see how to restore furniture in many styles and colors. Discover how to paint furniture to give a modern, fresh look to drabby furniture or distress new furniture to make it look old.
After gaining confidence in furniture restoration, you will discover:
- How to restore furniture for profit
- Know where to look for pieces
- How to browse flea markets and thrift stores
- What to charge for your incredible work
Start your journey in furniture restoration today.
What you will learn
In this easy-to-follow online course you 'll discover how to:
- restore old furniture step by step using different techniques to create the effect you want
- successfully look for old furniture in flea markets, stores or in your own home
- how to prepare and paint furniture
- how to wax to create a beautiful finish
- how to maximize your income to make sure you get the best price for restoring furniture through marketing and great photography
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Let’s Get Started!
- 1.1. Meet Christina, a furniture painting veteran and popular YouTuber
- 1.2. Your course overview
- 1.3. The wonderful world of painted furniture
- 1.4. Essential supplies you need to paint your first piece
- 1.5. Types of paint finishes and top coat options
Module 2: First Steps: Painting Furniture
- 2.1. Important steps for prepping furniture
- 2.2. Applying a basic hand painted finish
- 2.3. Achieving a smooth, modern finish
- 2.4. Applying a textured, expressive finish
- 2.5. Incorporating stains into your painted pieces
Module 3: Sealing And Protecting Painted Furniture
- 3.1. Choosing the right sealer for your piece
- 3.2. Applying clear wax for a great finish
- 3.3. Protection with water based clear coats
- 3.4. Beautiful finishes with natural wax or hemp oil
Module 4: Transforming Furniture With Embellishments
- 4.1. Distressing furniture to give it an aged look
- 4.2. Using colored waxes to add depth
- 4.3. Applying gilding wax to add shimmer
- 4.4. Dry brushing to highlight details
- 4.5. Adding a wash of color for a two toned look
Module 5: Making Great Money Selling Painted Furniture
- 5.1. Finding furniture to sell and negotiating a fair price
- 5.2. How to take pictures and market your furniture
- 5.3. How to sell painted furniture for profit
- 5.4. What to charge clients for commissioned pieces
- 5.5. Thank you and goodbye
Who is this course for
- Anyone who wants to upcycle old furniture to create a unique look for their home
- Anyone who wants to create a new look for their furniture, whether it is old or mass-produced
- Zero wasters and anyone wanting to lead a more sustainable lifestyle can give new life to old furniture
- Furniture flippers and dumpster divers looking for a side gig or seeking ideas on how to restore furniture for profit
- Crafters and DIYers can add furniture restoration to their creative skills
- Interior designers and property renovators can offer an additional skill for clients
- Anyone wanting to increase the value of furniture hidden in the attic or cluttering up the garage
- People who love the notion of salvaging furniture destined for the landfill
- Launch an eco-friendly business or shop selling recycled furniture
- Start a side gig restoring furniture to sell to secondhand stores, clients who commission your services, at flea markets or online
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exams throughout the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation