Meet the expert
About the course
Excel is used in almost every office, school, and home, and it’s one of the basic programs that everyone should know. Why? Because it will make your life so much easier! Whether you want to learn excel to log data and records at work, manage expenses at home, or keep track of important information, Excel will make managing these tasks quick and efficient by doing all the hard work for you. Unlike Word, Excel can be tricky to grasp, and most people benefit from a professional tutorial or course to ensure they get the most out of the program. It’s perfectly fine to teach yourself, but you will likely miss out on tools and functions that will really speed up your tasks, and make the program easier to use. In this online course, you’ll learn just how powerful a tool Excel can be when done right! We’ll cover all the bases – starting with an overview of all tools and functions, show you some useful beginner tips and tricks, move on to intermediate formulas and techniques, and finish by showing you how to export your data as charts. You’ll go from Excel newbie to Master of Spreadsheets in no time, and you’ll earn a certificate in Excel to show off your achievement!
What you will learn
- How to navigate Excel and understand its core tools and functions
- How to organize, sort, and optimize data
- How to analyze and interpret data at a glance
- Basic and intermediate level formulas
- How to create tables, including pivot tables
- How to make your worksheets and data visually appealing
- How to create various charts for presentations
Access to any version of Excel, but preferably Excel 2016
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Getting To Know Your Excel Program
- When Is Excel Used?
- Learning to Navigate the Interface
- Overview of The Ribbon
- Important Tools and Functions
- Basic Formatting
- Understanding Structure: Cells, Rows, and Columns
Module 2: Executing Formulas And Functions
- Learning the Principles of Excel Formulas
- Mathematical Calculations and Equations
- Statistical Functions
- Date and Time
- Logical Functions
- Exercise: Applying Formulas in the Real World
Module 3: Organizing And Analyzing Data
- How to Sort Data and Apply Filters
- Using Macros to Automate Tasks
- Creating Pivot Tables
- Formatting Pivot Tables
- Auditing Formulas and Tasks
Module 4: Presentation
- Font and Number Formatting
- Applying Borders and Outlines
- Adding Colour to Enhance Data
- Merging, Wrapping, and Indents
- Conditional Formatting
- Printing Worksheets, Sections, and Tables
Module 5: Creating Charts And Graphs
- Overview of Creating and Reading Excel Charts
- Column charts
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Bar Graphs
- Area Charts
- How to make Your Charts POP for Presentations
Who is this course for
- Beginner to intermediate users of Excel
- Anyone who needs a refresher on how to use Excel
- Those wanting to become Excel Certified
- Anyone who works with budgets, payroll, statistics, etc.
- Pretty much anyone who works with a computer!
- People who manage their own budgets – savings, expenses, etc.
- Business owners and managers
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
- That's it!
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards - www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157.
TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
For further details, please visit https://internationalopenacademy.com/accreditation